This is a petition speaking out against the nightly sandwich trays being served at the Durham County Detention Facility. Every evening detainees at this facility receive bologna, salami or ham, sweet bread, and applesauce. There is a code which states:
Section VI, Food:
- We will receive three meals a day at regular intervals.
- *Food will be wholesome, nutritional, appealing and the type available in the community.
- No bartering or wasting food.
- *The menus meet recommended dietary allowances.
Codes to be met:
- N.C. Administrative Code
- American Correctional Assoc. Standards
- Local Health Code Standards
We as detainees are stating that the starred requirements are not being met.